The Parma School District serves 80+ students who are identified as English Learners. Using Content Classes with Integrated ESL Support as the LIEP Model, K-12 teachers provide language instruction that uses content as a medium for building language skills. The links below contain program information, and resources for K-12 teachers, students, and parents.
English Learner Program Manual
- Use the manual as a tool to navigate the EL program at the district and state. The manual answers the questions,
- What is the English Learner Program?
- How do I know who is an English Learner?
- What do parents need to know?
- What responsibilities do teachers have?
- Where can I get more information?
Resources for K-12 Teachers
Resources for EL Students compiled for Parma K-12 Teachers
- Checkout this extensive list of resources compiled strategically for Parma's teachers. It includes the following information,
Teaching Recommendations from the Idaho State Department of Education
- Teaching Academic Content and Literacy to English Learners in the Elementary and Middle School Grades
- Recommendation 1: Academic Vocabulary
- Recommendation 2: Oral and Written Language Integration
- Recommendation 3: Written Language Skill Development
- Recommendation 4: Small-group Intervention
Resources for Parents and Students
- The website streams videos featuring prominent actors reading children's books.
Idaho State Department of Education
- The State Department of Education organized academic resources for use by families and educators.
Idaho at a Glance Policy Briefs
Highlights research specific to Idaho's housing, Hispanic & Latinx population, Idaho's English Learners, Idaho's Migratory students, Title III Consortium and other topics.
English Learners Program Title III State Department of Education