- Fee = $175
- If enrolling in IDLA online course, the fee is the same. However, $75 is also owed to IDLA for the online course.
- Fee can be paid with check, cash, credit card, or debit card. Checks are to be made out to PARMA HIGH SCHOOL and must indicate the name of the student. CASH ONLY for payments received in the summer.
- $100 of the fee must be paid by the first day of class.
- Checks returned to the Parma High School for insufficient funds or closed accounts will result in loss of enrollment in the class.
- Permit Cost = $26.50 (paid to DMV)
- Registration packets may be picked up at the school.
- The registration form must be completely filled out and signed.
- Mail or drop off the completed application and submit PAYMENT (half or full) to Parma High School, 137 Panther Way, Parma, ID 83660. Note Driver’s Ed and student name on check.
A teen driver between the age of 14 ½ and 17 may enroll in driver education and training to be eligible for a license at age 15. The driver-training (DT) permit shall be purchased before the student participates in any instruction. The following standards are for the “Approved Teen Driver Education and Training Program.”
- The course shall include:
o 30 hours of classroom instruction,
o 6 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction, and
o 6 hours of observation
- The 30 hours of classroom instruction requires contact with the instructor. Homework assignment completed outside the classroom shall not be counted in the 30 clock hours.
- Each behind-the-wheel lesson shall be taught in the classroom prior to practicing the lesson during the behind-the-wheel instruction.
- Classroom instruction shall not be substantially complete or completed before starting in-car practice.
PARMA DRIVER EDUCATION INFORMATION
DRIVER EDUCATION PERMISSION SLIP